Thursday, April 27, 2006

No more of that sunshine lark, it's winter now

So, the weather has deteriorated pretty badly this week. Some parts of NZ suffered some flooding. The only real positive is that it levels the playing field for us Northern Hemisphere types.

Our draw this week is against Linwood at 2.45 at their park. Linwood is one of the poorer areas of Chch but they have always had an excellent rugby team. They're going to play a similar type of rugby to Suburbs last week but I believe they'll have a stronger pack.

It's a really big game for us now. They've lost on this season and in this division that's as many as you can afford. I think we're going to have to weather some pretty heavy stuff at scrum time and we really need to get our hit on and try and neutralise them. From a ball carrying point of view I reckon the likes of my own good self will have to step it up a notch. I'm puching towards fitness again but I'm still not making it about the park as well as I should. I think it's down to the amount of scrums. It's a whole lot easier to sprint between breakdowns when you've only spent 10 minutes on the machine. 25 odd scrums tend to take it out of you!

Well, I'll post the result on Saturday!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger GingahLane said...

ha, I'm working on the "If you can't beat them, join them" premise. It's not working though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home